Justworks Hours has teamed up with Gusto to give our customers the option to seamlessly transfer hours that have been tracked with Justworks Hours to their modern, full-service payroll product.
Below is a step by step guide to setting up the integration, as well as some helpful information for how Justworks Hours and Gusto work together once connected.
1) Sign In to your Justworks Hours management dashboard and select "Integrations" from the main menu at the top of the screen.
2) Go to the Gusto listing and click the green "Connect" button to start the integration. A new window will open and you will be prompted to sign in to your Gusto account. If you do not have a Gusto account, you will need to set one up.
3) Give Justworks Hours authorization to access your Gusto account. This will start the initial data sync and pull over important information, such as your pay cycle start and end dates, overtime settings and employees.
4) You will be redirected back to your management dashboard, where a new page labeled "Gusto" has been added to the Integrations drop down menu. Go to the Integrations tab, select Gusto, and click Settings to see a list of employees has been pulled from Gusto. Match these employees to the correct employee name in Justworks Hours. This ensures that hours tracked in Justworks Hours are sent to the correct employee in Gusto for payroll processing.
5) If an employee from your Gusto account has not been set up in Justworks Hours and you would like to add them, simply select "Add this employee". Leave the drop down set to "Ignore" for any employees that you do not want to set up in Justworks Hours. Make sure to click the "Save" button after you have finished matching and adding employees.
6) You can also pull Work Locations from Gusto into Justworks Hours and set them up as Offices. In Justworks Hours, Offices are where you set overtime preferences, time zone and work week start date; you can then assign employees to a specific Office. This ensures that all your employees, regardless of what state they work in, are seeing shifts in the correct time zone and are having their overtime calculated based on the correct labor laws. Follow the same matching/adding method for Locations/Offices that you did for Employees above.
You're all set!
7) Now, that you have integrated your Justworks Hours account with Gusto and successfully matched your employees, you can send hours that have been tracked and approved in Justworks Hours directly to payroll with the click of a button. To do this, click on the "Integrations" tab at the top of of the page and select Gusto from the dropdown menu. From here, click the Timesheets section of the left-hand menu to view your company's pay cycles.
On the Timesheets page you will see a list of all pay cycles that have been automatically pulled over from your Gusto account. Click on a row to drill into that specific pay cycle to see which employees have logged hours. Please note: Only hours that have been approved will show up in this report and be sent to Gusto! Make sure your managers are continuing to approve shifts as they normally would on the Manage Shifts page.
To send the hours for a given pay period to Gusto, simply click the "Send to Gusto" button to the far right of the page of the pay cycle in question. That's it! The hours will then show up in your Gusto account.
Have more hours been added and approved after you sent to Gusto? No worries, you can resend anytime by click the "Resend to Gusto" link.
As always, if you need help setting up your integration, troubleshooting, or getting your Justworks Hours account configured, please reach out to us at [email protected] or by calling (877) 687-6228.
****Now that you're all setup with Justworks Hours time tracking integration to Gusto, we recommend that you check out this overview of our advanced Gusto integration features. There's tons of helpful information there to ensure you're getting the most out of the integration!