Covered in this article:
Connecting Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) to BambooHR
Adding Employees from BambooHR
Sending timesheets to BambooHR
Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) has teamed up with BambooHR to give our customers the option to track work hours for employees that are matched from their online HR software and then send those hours into BambooHR as a Time Tracking Summary report.
Below is a step by step guide to setting up the integration, as well as some helpful information for how Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) and BambooHR work together once connected.
Connecting to BambooHR
1) Sign In to your Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) management dashboard and select "Integrations" from the main menu at the top of the screen.
2) Go to the BambooHR listing and click the green "Connect" button to start the integration. A new window will open and you will be prompted to sign in to your BambooHR account. If you do not have a BambooHR account, you will need to set one up.
3) Give Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) authorization to access your BambooHR account. This will start the initial data sync and pull over important information, such as your lists of employees and their pay rate, email address and phone number.
Adding Employees from BambooHR
4) From your dashboard, click the "Integrations" tab at the top of the screen and then select "BambooHR" from the dropdown menu. Then, click Settings on the left-side menu to see a list of employees has been pulled from BambooHR. Match these employees to the correct employee name in Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr). This ensures that hours tracked in Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) are accurately matched to the correct employee in BambooHR.
5) If an employee from your BambooHR account has not been set up in Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) and you would like to add them, simply select "Add This Employee". Leave the drop down set to "Ignore" for any employees that you do not want to set up in Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr). Make sure to click the "Save" button after you have finished matching and adding employees.
You're all set!
Sending Timesheets to BambooHR
6) Now, that you have integrated your Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) account with BambooHR and successfully matched your employees, you can run accurate timesheet reports for hours that have been tracked and approved in Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr). To do this, click on the "Integrations" tab at the top of of the page and select "BambooHR" from the dropdown menu. From here, click the Timesheets section of the left-hand menu to view your reports.
On the Timesheets page you can set a date range and then run reports. Click on a row to drill into that specific report to see which employees have logged hours. Please note: Only hours that have been approved will show up in this report! Make sure your managers are continuing to approve shifts as they normally would on the Manage Shifts page.
7) To send hours worked to BambooHR, click the "Send to Bamboo" button to the right of the timesheet report you would like to send. It may take about 30 seconds for the data to be sent to your BambooHR dashboard.
Once hours have been sent, those shifts can no longer be edited in Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr). If you would like to send additional shifts that fall within a date range that has already been sent, simply create a new timesheet report for that date range and then Send to Bamboo. This will ensure that the new shifts also get added to your BambooHR dashboard.
To view hours that have been sent from Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) to BambooHR, click on the Standard Reports tab and scroll down to the Time Tracking Summary report. From here, you can view all regular hours, overtime hours and pay rates for each employee.
As always, if you need help setting up your integration, troubleshooting, or getting your Justworks Hours (formerly Boomr) account configured, please reach out to us at email@example.com or by calling (877) 687-6228.